Rubb Buildings Ltd understands that our activities inevitably have an effect on the local, regional and global environment.
We are committed to reducing this impact by implementation of management controls and continuous improvement in our processes and product designs.
Our goal will be to foster an environment where employees, suppliers and customers are committed to long term improvement in environmental performance.
- Rubb Buildings Ltd recognises that all of our operations inevitably have an effect on the local, regional, and global environment
- We are therefore committed to reducing this impact by the implementation of effective coordinated management control, continuous improvement and the maximum possible reduction in pollution
- Environmental regulations, laws, and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance
Strategy and Action Plan
- The aim is to work towards improvement in environmental performance by employees and to encourage support from suppliers and clients
- The main focus will be to reduce consumption and improve efficiency in our manufacturing plant
- We shall consider the environmental impact of our products at all stages of their life cycle – from design to manufacturing, customer use and finally disposal.
- Senior management sets out the responsibility for environmental performance and develops and maintains an adequate system of management, measurement, and improvements
- All actions will comply with relevant regulations
- Business is conducted with due regard to the environment, its habitat and biodiversity
- The business operations are regularly assessed for compliance, performance, and achievements of targets
- Environmental considerations are taken into account in all major business decisions
- Employees are encouraged to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Suppliers are encouraged to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and such encouragement is made a condition of any supply
- Customers are made aware of all environmental information for their specific projects
- Environmental management will be a topic during the directors’ annual general meeting
- The Group CEO will assume the overall responsibility for the environmental performance of the company. They will assess the business regularly for compliance with this policy
- The aim is to reduce the use of energy through awareness programmes, design, improved equipment, travel, transport and other working practices
- Reduce the use of materials by design and good working practice
- Reduce, re-use or recycle solid waste where economically and environmentally sensible. When these options are not available, dispose of waste in the most responsible manner
- Favour supplies derived from recycled materials or renewable resources. Avoid all supplies from any endangered species
- Restrict the use of hazardous substances. Where such substances are unavoidable, train staff in their handling and disposal and take precautions to minimize any spillages
- All hazardous waste and waste oil shall be collected and recycled through a licensed contractor
- Reduce as far as reasonably practical the level of harmful or nuisance emissions
- Take all precautions to prevent the contamination of water and sewerage systems
- Maintain a positive and good relationship with neighbours and local communities
- Introduce contingency plans for major incidents to reduce their environmental impact
- Rubb will implement our policies through guidelines and training. The policy will be disseminated to employees via team meetings, posters, and specific training sessions, where the need for sound environmental practice will be encouraged